Monday, July 31, 2006

Awards ceremony

Mystery babe
Can you identify which Cherry sported a little rhinestone bling in an eyecatching place? The photos to be posted below will provide the answer to the careful eye.

One of the most beautiful dresses I saw at the awards. She even had an adorable 1920s type hairstyle, but of course my photos are cr*p.

Jennifer Evans in full splendor from the front.
Stylish babe from the front

From the back (the upside-down V at the bottom was sheer, very jazzy)
Stylish babe

Here is a shot of SOME of the 25 or more Cherries who gathered together for the awards ceremony. All looking babe-a-rific. From L-R: Marissa Cherry Bling(?)Molly Heidi Sue Kari and ?? (we talked a half dozen times, but my mind is a sieve)

Cherries!
Better size

The ballroom before they let us in, impossible to capture the sea of empty chairs.

Awards dinner

large | medium

Candace Havens who was nominated for a RITA for Best First Book in a very dramatic Romance Diva outfit. She was supernervous, poor thing. The man with her, whose name I did not catch, laughed uproariously at all my jokes. I felt tres witty. (He laughed just as hard at everyone else's quips too -- this is the kind of guy who could make a fortune for hire as a sitcom audience member.)
Candace Havens

Pat E. in a glittery blue confection
Pat E.

Brooke draped over a chair back and looking tres glam
Draped

larger size

Jill, Chandra, Cory, ForgetName, Beki in line for awards ceremony
Standing in line for awards ceremony

larger size

Heidi looking luminous
Luminous Heidi

The three women who were in the front of the line for the central doors to the award ceremony
Most on-the-ball women at National

Holly looking beauteous (and Katie's beautiful auburn hair)
Holly

Marge and Barbara
Marge and Barbara

Someone and Beki
Beki and .....

Cherries in a row (all told, there were about 25 of us in three rows)
Cherries in a row

One of my favoritest photos ... since I didn't manage to make Sue or Molly look orange or like recovering stroke victims
Sue and Molly

Jude: Hey Katie, can I take a picture of you in your gorgeous dress?
Katie: Sure, want me to stand up?
Jude: Okay, thanks . . . Hey Sue, I am trying to take a photo of Katie.
Sue (sqooshes closer to Katie)
Jude: Sue, get out of the photo! I have enough of you!
Sue: You want a piece of this?!
Jude (snaps photo)


Sue and Katie

Molly, Brooke and Chandra were snapping pics of each other, then laughing over the results (larger)
Molly Brooke Chandra

Brooke and Chandra were having a raucous good time in the back row of Cherries (larger)
Brooke Chandra

Trying to show the size of the crowd and failing (larger: 1 | 2)
One small portion of the crowd

One small portion of the crowd 2

Jill Cory Marissa in front, The Cherry visible in back with Anne Stuart (larger)
Jill Cory Marissa

Anne Stuart and The Cherry
The Cherry and Mystery Blonde

Sue, Chandra, passerby, Brooke
Sue, Chandra, passerby, Brooke

The first half of all rows in the center sections were reserved for nominees, their guests, and presenters (can you believe they did not admit Blogging National's ace photographer???)
Guardians at the gate

(I think that is all I have to post for this post; the next batch of photos will be in the above post of the presenters and winners)

4 Comments:

At Monday, July 31, 2006 4:29:00 PM, Blogger Cherry Red said...

This is so cool. Everyone looks muy gorgioso! (That's my fake Spanish)

Kim:)

 
At Tuesday, August 01, 2006 11:42:00 AM, Blogger Brooke said...

YOU RULE. Oh my GOD. These are great! That one of Jenny presenting is just lovely.

Thank you so much. Jude, this must be taking hours and hours. What a love you are.

 
At Tuesday, August 01, 2006 11:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jude, the bling breasts are MOLLY'S and I know this because I gave her the bling. I had seven of those, and four went on my cheeks near my glasses, but I gave out the rest to my "backup singers" in black: Sue, Molly, and Ellen. And I continued to give the ones on my face away all night to whomever walked in front of me when I felt like giving them away.

 
At Tuesday, August 01, 2006 12:10:00 PM, Blogger Jude said...

Heidi -- I was JUST popping over to your blog when your comment was emailed to me. What synchronicity.

And of course you are so right about the bling. It is also clear in the pic with Sue and Molly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home